The best Backpack in Project Zomboid is the Military Backpack, it has the highest weight reduction and capacity however there are some great alternatives.
List of Backpacks
Below are some of the common bags and backpacks you will come across:
Big Hiking Bag
Normal Hiking Bag
|*Requires a hand to hold.|
|**You can wear 2 Fanny Packs (Front and Back) as well as any Backpack that you have equipped on your back.|
You can equip a total of 3 backpacks at a time (one on your back, primary hand and secondary hand). Handy for when you need to transfer a bunch of items.
Tips for Finding Military Backpack and Other Bags
- The best in slot military backpack can be found at military checkpoints (there’s a big one just before Louisville).
- Large backpacks are the next best thing they can be found on Survivor type Zombies. You may find them in boarded up homes or simply wandering about.
- Hiking backpacks can be found in wardrobes. Check the larger more premium looking houses.
- Duffelbag is great early on, you can find them in the trunk of Ambulance or Police Vehicles.
- You can pass on the E and F tier bags, it’s probably better to have both hands free for that weapon. Instead start by heading to a nearby school to find a School Bag.
You can still place a weapon like a baseball bat on your back when you have a backpack equipped.