Here’s some tips to help you level Fishing, Trapping and Foraging (Survivalist Skills) fast in Project Zomboid.
To level faster read the relevant skill books before you start grinding EXP.
|Skill||Tools||How to Level|
|Fishing||- Fishing Rod|
- Fishing Tackle
|- Catching fish
- Higher catch chance during dawn/dusk (4:00 - 6:59 and 18:00 - 20:59)
- Lower catch chance during winter (Nov - Feb)
|- Catch animals
- Forest areas are best
- Trap Crate with carrot/cabbage are a good start for catching rabbits (19:00 - 5:00)
- Traps will not catch anything if you are within 75 tiles of the trap
- Check trap every in-game hour
|Foraging||n/a||- Find items via foraging
- Best done during clear day
|Watch Life and Living for exp on Fishing (Day 1, 3) Trapping (Day 6) and Foraging (Day 5, 7)|
Skills take a long time to level, check out the best skills to focus on.
Check out how to level your Crafting Skills fast