Genshin Impact 1.5 update adds Kaedhara Kazuya, Midsummer Adventure event, character costume skins, new quests and more to the game.
See full update from official announcement.
Here’s a list of notable additions and changes:
- Midsummer Island Adventure Event (New Limited Time Area – boat exploration feature)
- New Character Kaedehara Kazuya (Anemo Sword)
- New Equipment (5-Star Sword Freedom Sworn, 4-Star Bow Mitternachts Waltz, 4-Star Catalyst Docodo Tales)
- New Serenitea Pot Feature: Companion Move In
- Character Outfits (Barbara, Jean)
- New Archon and World Quests
- New Monster Maguu Kenki
- New Gadget Wind Blessed Harpastum
- Spiral Abyss Floor 11 Ley Line Change
- Serenitea Pot Load Limit increased
- 4-Star Artifacts can be destroyed for Mora.
- New Battle Pass
I. New Limited-Time Area (This area is only available during Version 1.6)
New Limited-Time Area
After being out of sight for quite some time, Klee shows up with a mysterious letter in her hand. According to the letter, there seem to be some uncharted islands that lie well-hidden amidst the sea…
- Area Unlock Criteria:
– Complete Klee’s Story Quest “Trifolium Chapter: Act I – True Treasure”
– Complete the Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”
- The islands will no longer be accessible after the end of Version 1.6. You will also no longer be able to open treasure chests, gather materials, or earn quest rewards on the islands, so grab the opportunity to explore away!
II. New Character
5-Star Character “Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves” Kaedehara Kazuha (Anemo)
- Vision: Anemo
- Weapon: Sword
- A wandering samurai from Inazuma who is currently with Liyue’s Crux Fleet. A gentle and carefree soul whose heart hides a great many burdens from the past.
Kaedehara Kazuha can use his Elemental Skill, Chihayaburu, to pull opponents and objects in and take to the air before executing his unique Plunging attack, Midare Ranzan, to deal Anemo DMG and generate a wind tunnel that pulls opponents in.
Chihayaburu has a Tapping Mode and a Holding Mode. The former can be executed in mid-air, while the latter expands the skill’s AoE, increasing DMG.
Kaedehara Kazuha’s Elemental Burst, Kazuha Slash, leaves behind a field known as Autumn Whirlwind that deals Anemo DMG to opponents at set intervals.
*”Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves” Kaedehara Kazuha (Anemo) will be available in a future event wish.
III. New Equipment
Freedom-Sworn (5-Star Sword)
- A straight sword, azure as antediluvian song, and as keen as the oaths of freedom taken in the Land of Wind.
- A part of the “Millennial Movement” that wanders amidst the winds. Increases DMG by 10% when wielded. When characters trigger Elemental Reactions, they gain a Sigil of Rebellion. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s and can be triggered even if said character is not on the field.
- When you possess two Sigils of Rebellion, all of them will be consumed and all nearby party members will obtain “Millennial Movement: Song of Resistance” for 12s. “Millennial Movement: Song of Resistance” increases Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack DMG and ATK.
- Once this effect is triggered, you will not gain Sigils of Rebellion for 20s. Of the many effects of the “Millennial Movement,” buffs of the same type will not stack.
- The event-exclusive 5-star weapon Freedom-Sworn (Sword) will be available in a future event wish.
Mitternachts Waltz (4-Star Bow)
- A bow painted the color of transgression and nights of illusion.
- During this event wish, the event-exclusive 4-star weapon Mitternachts Waltz (Bow) will receive a huge drop-rate boost!
Dodoco Tales (4-Star Catalyst)
- A children’s book in a resplendent cover, filled with silly short stories at which one cannot help but laugh.
- Even those readers who have long reached adulthood cannot help but be absorbed by the innocent, naive little adventures portrayed within.
- Take part in the event “Midsummer Island Adventure” to exchange for the event-exclusive weapon, Dodoco Tales (Catalyst), and its refinement material.
IV. New Gameplay
New Serenitea Pot Feature: Companion Move-In
Travelers can invite companions to move into their Serenitea Pot. Companions invited to the Serenitea Pot will deepen their bonds with the Traveler. They will continuously gain Companionship EXP.
Companions who remain in the Serenitea Pot for a long time may take a liking to certain furnishings and prepare gifts for the Traveler in return..
- Companion Move-In Feature Unlock Criteria: Complete the World Quest “Idle Teapot Talk”
V. New System
Dressing Room Update: New Outfits
Barbara — Summertime Sparkle
Barbara’s beach attire. This pretty skirt brims with summer vitality and carries with it a cool ocean breeze.
In Version 1.6, Travelers can take part in the limited-time event “Echoing Tales” to obtain Barbara’s outfit “Summertime Sparkle” for free. After the end of Version 1.6, the outfit will be available in the Character Outfit Shop.
Jean — Sea Breeze Dandelion
Jean’s summer wear. Light and cool, but no less elegant for it. The perfect choice for a trip to the seaside.
After the Version 1.6 update – 2021/07/19 03:59:59 During this period, Jean’s outfit “Sea Breeze Dandelion” will be available for purchase in the Character Outfit Shop at a limited-time discount. After such period, this outfit will be sold at its original price.
VI. New Events
New Version Event — “Midsummer Island Adventure”
Midsummer Island Adventure Event: Take Part and Exchange for the Event-Exclusive Catalyst, Dodoco Tales
During this event, explore the islands, complete various challenges, and collect Shiny Flotsam and Mini “Harpasta” to exchange for rewards such as Dodoco Tales (Catalyst), Northlander Billet Trove, Crown of Insight, and Furnishing Blueprints!
After the Version 1.6 update
Event Shop Duration
After the Version 1.6 update
Adventure Rank 21 or above
Complete the Archon Quest “Song of the Dragon and Freedom” and “Trifolium Chapter: Act I True Treasure”
※ During the event, the Adventure Rank required to unlock Klee’s Story Quest “True Treasure” will be lowered to Adventure Rank 21, and the Story Quest will not require a Story Key to unlock.
Act I: Main Cannon, Make Ready… Fire!
- During the event, complete the “Mysterious Islands: Journey to the Unknown” quest to unlock “Act I: Main Cannon, Make Ready… Fire!”
- During the event, by clearing the sea of any monster encampments, Travelers can obtain Shiny Flotsam to exchange for rewards such as the Crown of Insight, Northlander Billet Trove, Furnishing Blueprint “Pure Gorgeous Summer,” and Talent Level-Up Materials from the Event Shop! By completing specified quests, Travelers can also obtain rewards such as Primogems, the gadget Waverider Repair Toolbox, Mora, and Hero’s Wit!
Act II: Whirlpool off to Starboard… Full Speed Ahead!
- During the event, complete the “Summer Vacation: Proceed With Caution” quest to unlock “Act II: Whirlpool off to Starboard… Full Speed Ahead!”, and obtain the gadget Wind-Blessed Harpastum.
- During the event, Travelers can collect Wavesplitter Insignias by sailing the Waverider and flying to complete the challenge within the time limit. By reaching the target scores, Travelers can obtain rewards such as Primogems, Talent Level-Up Materials, Mora, and Hero’s Wit!
Act III: Samurai Sighted… To Arms!
- During the event, complete the “Dodo-King of the Sea: Lying in Wait” quest to unlock “Act III: Samurai Sighted… To Arms!”
- During the event, challenge Maguu Kenki and complete specified quests to obtain rewards such as Primogems, Mora, and Hero’s Wit!
※ 2021/06/28 03:59:59After the event is over, Travelers can continue to challenge Maguu Kenki but will no longer be able to complete the event-related quests.
Act IV: Harpastum Bombs Loaded… Blow ‘Em Away!
- During the event, complete “The Final Riddle: A Secret Uncovered” quest to unlock “Act IV: Harpastum Bombs Loaded… Blow ‘Em Away!”
- During the event, Travelers can use the Harpastum Bombs to defeat monsters. Complete the challenge and obtain Mini “Harpasta” to exchange for rewards such as Dodoco Tales (Catalyst), Furnishing Blueprint “Feather-Light Praise,” Furnishing Blueprint “The Blue Ocean’s Treasure,” Furnishing Blueprint “Witch’s Chorus,” and Weapon Ascension Materials from the Event Shop! By completing specified quests, Travelers can also obtain rewards such as Primogems, Mora, and Hero’s Wit!
New Event — “Echoing Tales”
During the event, Travelers who collect a designated number of Echoing Conches can obtain rewards such as Barbara’s outfit “Summertime Sparkle” and Primogems.
Adventure Rank 21 or above
- During the event, Travelers can explore the islands and collect Echoing Conches.
※ After the end of Version 1.6, you will no longer be able to head to the island to obtain Echoing Conches. You will also no longer be able to open chests or earn quest rewards on the islands, so seize the opportunity to explore away and earn rewards!
※ Barbara’s outfit “Summertime Sparkle” will be available for purchase in the Character Outfit Shop after the end of Version 1.6 for 1,680 Genesis Crystals.
- Even more events will subsequently become available. Stay tuned, Travelers.
VII. New Quests
- New Archon Quest “Chapter II: Prologue – Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves”
– Before embarking on the next part of your journey, you can share your thoughts and feelings with Paimon…
– The Archon Quest “Chapter II: Prologue – Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves” will become available at a later date. Stay tuned for more information.
- New World Quests
– New Limited-Time World Quests: “They Who Hear the Sea,” “The Winding Homeward Way,” “Who Wields the Wild Wind?”, “From Outer Lands,” “The Other Side of Isle and Sea,” and “A Trip Through Fog and Wind.”
– New World Quest: “A Dish Beyond Mortal Ken”
– “A Dish Beyond Mortal Ken” Quest Unlock Criteria:
– Complete the Archon Quest “Chapter I: Act III – A New Star Approaches”
– Complete the quest to obtain Recipe: Chicken Tofu Pudding.
*Other new limited-time World Quests will be added at a later date, including “Big Badaboom Battle.”
– Complete these quests to obtain Mora, Character EXP Materials, and more!
VIII. New Monster
- A mechanical humanoid from another nation.
- Wields a secret blade of a kind that only a mechanical being ever could, crushing all who disturb the silence with razor-sharp wind and ice as frigid as steel.
In Version 1.6, Maguu Kenki will appear in the islands and events.
IX. Other Additions
- Wind-Blessed Harpastum: A harpastum made from pure bird feathers and strong fabric. Perhaps it contains some strange power…
- Wangshu Inn: Stir-Fried Shrimp
- Wanmin Restaurant: Rice Buns
- Obtain from quest: Chicken Tofu Pudding
New Furnishings and Furnishing Sets (can be obtained through events, Battle Pass, or Realm Depot)
New Character Development Item: Marionette Core (can be obtained by other means after the end of Version 1.6)
New Island Regional Specialty: Sea Ganoderma (can be collected by other means after the end of Version 1.6)
New Achievements such as “A Realm Beyond: Series II”
- “Celebration: Kaboomball”: Obtained from the “Kaboomball Kombat” event
- “Celebration: Battlesong”: Obtained from the “Legend of the Vagabond Sword” event
- “Kaedehara Kazuha: Autumn Maple-Viewing”: Reward for reaching Friendship Lv. 10 with Kaedehara Kazuha
- “Travel Notes: Midsummer”: Reward obtained via the BP system
- “Achievement: Vacation Home”: Reward for completing all achievements under “A Realm Beyond: Series II”
Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
Increases Swirl DMG by 300% and its AoE by 100%.
Updated the monster lineup on Floors 9, 10, 11, and 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 1.6, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows:
- Phase 1: Whirlpool Moon
When an active character triggers a Swirl reaction on a nearby opponent, they will trigger a shockwave at that opponent’s position that deals AoE DMG. A shockwave can be triggered in this manner once every 3.5s.
- Phase 2: Breezecall Moon
When an active character triggers a Swirl reaction on a nearby opponent, they will regenerate 4 Energy for all characters in the party. This effect can be triggered once every 3.5s.
- Phase 3: Brumous Moon
When an active character triggers a Swirl reaction on a nearby opponent, a Brumous Aura that lasts 8s will be left at the location where the reaction took place. The Aura will inflict one count of DMG to opponents within it once every 2s. A Brumous Aura can be generated once every 9s.
Adds voiced interactions for characters when leveling them up.
Adds Japanese voice-over for certain characters.
Adds some sound effects to the Serenitea Pot’s Furnishing Placement Screen.
The room on the second floor in the Serenitea Pot will open for decoration.
New keyboard shortcuts added for PC:
- L key: Open Party Setup screen
- O key: Open My Friends screen
*If there is an overlap with the custom button configuration, it can be adjusted in Settings > Controls.
Adds a new Domain Details page at the entrance of the Domains：Travelers can view the Ley Line Disorders and Monsters of the current Domain.
Adds an Auto-Lock 4-Star Weapons setting in Settings > Other. The default option of this setting is on. After turning off this option, subsequent 4-star weapons acquired will not be automatically locked.
Adds four Fast Chat message options in the Chat function.
Adds some prompts for loading screens.
Adjustments & Optimizations
- Increases the load limit of the Serenitea Pot.
- Optimizes the dialogue experience with the teapot spirit. After closing the secondary level dialogue option of the teapot spirit, it will return to the previous level dialogue options.
- The Traveler will no longer appear in the Expedition Dispatch character selection list.
- 4-star artifacts can be destroyed in return for Mora.
- Some indestructible level-up materials are now destroyable.
- Optimizes the Weapon Enhancement Materials placement slots: increased from 6 slots to 20 slots.
- Crafting or forging can be performed in Co-Op Mode, and Travelers returning to their own world can obtain the forging rewards performed while in Co-Op Mode. Crafting recipes and forging recipes are unlocked based on the Traveler’s own progress.
- Optimizes the sorting rules of the crafting/forging list, so that Travelers can craft the same type of material more easily.
- Optimizes some controller operations: the slider in crafting, forging, production of dyes, and the Settings interface can now be controlled by holding the respective operation.
- After teleporting out of domains, “Challenge Failed” will no longer be displayed.
- Optimizes the classification of camera-related settings: the settings for Combat Camera Settings, Camera Y-Axis Resets Automatically, and Default Camera Distance have been moved from Settings > Other to Settings > Controls.
- Optimizes the touch feedback of multiple UI buttons.
- Optimizes the sticker display and Fast Chat button in the chat box.
- Optimizes the aiming experience: in Aiming Mode, the tracking effect of the crosshair is more accurate when adjusting the position of the crosshair in small increments.
- Increases the stack limit of some Furnishings of the same type in the Inventory from 999 to 9,999.
- The Adventurer Handbook has a function to automatically track and navigate to enemies.
- If players have Condensed Resin and less than 20 Original Resin, selecting “Continue Challenge” after challenging the Domain will not bring up the pop-up window.
Adds status markers when teammates are switching characters in the Party Preparation screen.
When a teammate is not within range of the currently displayed map area, a teammate marker will be displayed at the edge of the map. Travelers can click on that marker to quickly locate their teammates.
>Optimizes the text displayed after players are removed from Co-Op Mode.
Adjusts the Chinese, Japanese, and Korean voice-over for certain characters, and fixes some issues with certain voice-over abnormalities and errors.
Optimizes and fixes the sound effects for certain character skills, environments, and items.
- Adjusts the description of the food item “Stormcrest Pie.”
- Increases the damage caused by major reactions (i.e. Electro-Charged, Superconduct, Overloaded, Swirl, and Shatter), when a character reaches Level 60 or above.
- Increases the Base Shield DMG Absorption for shields generated by Crystallize reactions.
- Increases the DMG Bonus provided by Elemental Mastery for major reactions. (Refer to the attributes panel in-game for the exact DMG Bonus amount.)
– Fixes an issue with the Daily Commission “Big Pudgy Problem!” whereby some Electro Slimes may incorrectly appear underground.
– Fixes an issue whereby NPCs in some quests would still disappear to hide from the rain.
Fixes an issue when challenging the Domains “Lost Treasure of Arcadia” and “Deserted Ruins of Thermadon” whereby characters may skip certain parts of the process under specific circumstances.
– Fixes an issue with the Cryo Hypostasis whereby when it is in a state of revival, characters may get stuck when performing Plunging Attacks above it.
– Fixes an issue whereby the Fatui – Pyro Agent may incorrectly remain in place during combat.
– Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby, under certain circumstances, when Travelers enter the Serenitea Pot or return to the open world, they will receive the erroneous message that another Traveler “has left their world” or “has left the Serenitea Pot.” (There is no issue with actual game functions.)
– Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby when the Holding Mode of Lisa’s Elemental Skill hits opponents, an incorrect quantity of Elemental Particles may be generated.
– Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby players may not be able to collect wood in the open world.
– Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby some special effects remained in the original position after teleportation.
– Fixes an issue with Tartaglia whereby the maximum duration of Melee Stance is shortened if Tartaglia immediately uses his Elemental Burst after entering Melee Stance.
_ Fixes an issue whereby Diluc’s eagle may incorrectly remain when switching from his Attributes page to his Constellation page.
– Fixes an issue with Venti, Chongyun, Razor, Xiao, Fischl, Yanfei, Noelle, Xinyan, Ningguang, Eula, and Diona whereby when they use an Elemental Burst, there is a small chance that the character will be launched if hit by an attack.
– Fixes an issue with Razor whereby his Lv. 2 Constellation “Suppression” fails to take effect on Plunging Attacks.
– Fixes an issue whereby the icons for Eula’s Lv. 1 and 2 Constellations are displayed incorrectly.
– Fixes an issue with Xingqiu whereby after his Elemental Skill is cast, if the game reconnects, there may be an error in the duration of the Rain Swords.
– Fixes an issue with Xiangling’s idle animation whereby there may be an error with her expression.
– Fixes an issue whereby when switching characters while protected by a shield, there is a small chance that the character who takes the field will be launched if hit by an attack with a stronger interrupt effect at the moment of switching.
– Fixes an issue whereby when characters enter a conversation when their HP is about to go to zero due to Burning, the character will freeze after the conversation ends.
– Fixes an issue whereby the duration of meteorites summoned by the Geo Traveler’s Elemental Skill and stone walls from the Elemental Burst may be abnormal in certain situations.
– Fixes an issue with Yanfei whereby the color of her eyes in the character icon and the character model are inconsistent.
-Fixes an issue with the weapon “Lithic Spear” whereby the color of some parts of it in the icon and the weapon model are inconsistent.
– Fixes an issue with the Serenitea Pot whereby the door Furnishing may unexpectedly disappear when swapping it.
– Fixes an issue with the Serenitea Pot whereby the Furnishing “Fragrant Cedar Vegetable Rack” of the Furnishing Set “Busy Kitchen” cannot be placed indoors.
– Fixes an issue with the Serenitea Pot whereby the names and descriptions of some Furnishings are incorrect.
– Fixes an issue with the Serenitea Pot whereby four characters are unable to sit around the Furnishings “Wooden Outdoor Tea Table” and “Bamboo Outdoor Tea Table.”
– Fixes an issue with the Serenitea Pot whereby the door Furnishings, walls, and ceilings may unexpectedly disappear when swapping decorations.
– Fixes an issue for players on PlayStation®4 whereby during the World Quest “A Teapot to Call Home: Part II,” if the game reconnects during the quest objective “Talk to Tubby,” the camera angle will be locked.
– Fixes an issue for players on PlayStation®4, whereby there may be an error with the camera angle when Tartaglia uses his Elemental Burst after entering Melee Stance.
– Fixes an issue whereby after clicking and holding the scroll wheel to use Elemental Sight, the camera angle may re-center when releasing the scroll wheel.
– Fixes an issue with Zhongli’s Story Quest “Historia Antiqua: Act II – No Mere Stone,” whereby there is an error with the English voice-over for the line “My life is nigh on eternal. I will go on with the infinite flow of time. And you, Morax… You too will live for many a day to come.” such that it does not match the subtitle.
– Fixes an issue whereby the character voice-over line “When Thunder Strikes” is incorrectly triggered repeatedly when there is thunder in the open world.
– Fixes an issue in the open world whereby the character voice-over line triggered by an increase in Friendship Level is not interrupted normally or it overlaps with other audio after switching to other interfaces.
– Fixes an issue with some weather conditions at Stormterror’s Lair in Mondstadt whereby the character voice-over line “When It Rains” is incorrectly triggered.
– Fixes an issue whereby the Korean, Japanese, and English voice-over lines in certain quests are incorrect or are missing.
– Fixes an issue whereby when multiple elemental reactions take place simultaneously, some elemental-reaction-related DMG Bonuses may be incorrect (for example, DMG Bonuses triggered by the 4-Piece Set effects of the Crimson Witch of Flames and Thundering Fury artifact sets).
– Fixes an issue whereby the Parametric Transformer gadget incorrectly triggers pressure mechanisms.
– Fixes an issue whereby casting characters’ skills while using the Windsong Lyre gadget may cause errors with the skills’ effects.
– Fixes an issue with Jean and Eula whereby their gliding animations are displayed incorrectly.
– Fixes an issue in the open world whereby Guoba created by Xiangling’s Elemental Skill, the bursts of flame created by Pyro Abyss Mages when they are dancing and regenerating their shields, and the wind current within the Eye of the Storm’s Hurricane Sphere are sometimes cast in the incorrect position.
– Fixes textual errors and display issues in English, Spanish, French, Indonesian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Thai and optimizes the localization of text. (Note: Related in-game functions have not changed. Travelers can view the changes in different languages by going to the Paimon Menu > Settings > Language and changing the Game Language.) Text-related fixes and optimizations in English include:
– Corrects the description of the event rules for Overflowing Wealth. Where the original description reads “Blossoms of Revelation” or “Overflowing Revelation,” the revised description reads “Blossoms of Wealth” and “Overflowing Wealth” respectively.