Arknights 5-10 is a main story boss battle found in Episode 5. The key to this stage is handling Faust and the Defense Crushers.
Recommended Operator Elite 2 Lv. 20
This stage can be quite tough. You will want an Elite 1 Lv. 55 squad to deal with the following:
- Defender and Healers will need to be strong enough to sustain against Faust’s skill that does massive damage.
- High enough squad DPS to burst down Defense Crushers (stuns Defender allowing enemies to pass) and Faust (cannot be blocked) before they can pass.
Here are the operators used in this example:
- 1x Vanguard (DP Recovery)
- 1x Vanguard
- 1x Caster (ST)
- 2x Sniper (ST)
- 1x Sniper (AoE)
- 2x Healer (ST)
- 1x Guard
- 1x Guard (Ranged)
- 2x Defender (the second one is a backup)
Depending on your squad strength the timing for this level can be quite tight. Make sure you deploy as soon as you have enough DP.
- Vanguard (DP Recovery) in position (A) facing up. Any DP Recovery operator will do eg. Courier.
- Your other Vanguard in position (B) facing right. This creates a nice dual attack zone in front of your two Vanguards (Note: This operator is only a quick placeholder to prevent early leaks, we will replace it soon).
- Sniper (AoE) in position (C) facing right.
- Caster (ST) in position (D) facing right.
Our Caster (ST) and Sniper (AoE) will kill the two frontal Defense Crushers. Make sure to use their skills as soon as its available.
- As soon as you can replace your Vanguard with Guard (Ranged) in position (B) facing right. If your squad deals enough DPS you can get away with a Defender here. However if not you will need the extra damage. Whilst Lappland’s silence is certainly useful a ranged guard with a damage skill like Midnight is even better.
- Sniper (ST) in position (E) facing up.
- Sniper (ST) in position (F) facing down.
- Healer (ST) in position (G) facing right.
At around 12 Kills the bottom Defense Crusher will start to move. Replace your Sniper (AoE) that was in position (C) with your second Healer (ST) facing right. This will help keep your Vanguard (DP Recovery) alive.
- Once both the frontal Defense Crushers die deploy your Guard in position (H) facing right to deal with Mephisto. Both our healers are in range to keep our Guard alive.
- Defender in position (I) facing right.
Placing our Defender last will make sure it draws fire from Faust. Make sure to use your Defender skill once its available, this will help tank Faust’s deadly skill damage.
Alright now for the hardest parts. Defeating that last Defense Crusher and Faust.
At around 32 kills the final Defense Crusher will start to move forward. Once its in range activate your Guard’s skill (if your ranged Guard also has an active skill this is when to use it too).
Depending on your squad’s DPS, the Defense Crusher may pass your Guard. However it should fall before as it reaches your Guard (Ranged).
If your Defender dies quickly replace it with your spare Defender.
At around 64 kills Faust will come into range of your Guard. By this time you should be able to activate their skill again.
Your current setup should be enough to take down Faust. However should he pass your Guard (Ranged) you can retreat your Guard and place your Vanguard in position (X).