How to beat Spiral Abyss Floor 8 in Genshin Impact. Here’s a guide with tips to help you clear the floor.
Primary DPS Lv. 70+
Supports Lv. 50+
The setup for is more straight forward than Floor 7. However the damage check is harder, specifically Chamber 2 which we will go into later.
|Element 1||Element 2||Element 3||Healer|
|**For the first half Cryo is quite effective against Hydro Abyss Mage especially if your character deals physical dmg. Electro is also a great alternative.|
Read more about shield counters.
Ley Line Disorder
- When HP is less than 60%, ATK is increased by 50% and DEF is increased by 50%.
- When HP is less than 45%, Normal Attack SPD is increased by 30%.
- When HP is less than 45%, Movement SPD is increased by 30%.
- When HP is less than 30%, CRIT Rate is increased by 20% and CRIT DMG is increased by 40%.
Keep your health low to deal more dmg. This will be particularly helpful for Chamber 2.
This is the easiest chamber. Getting 3 stars (quite manageable) on this chamber will make clearing the floor much easier.
- [First Half] The combination of Hydro and Cryo is pretty annoying as it can freeze you. But once you take out one the other will be easy.
- [First Half] Target the Hydro Abyss Mage first as it will have the Hydro Aura. Use Cryo against its shield (Electro is good too).
- [Second Half] Aim for the Pyro Abyss Mage with the Aura first. Use Hydro to quickly deplete its shield.
This is the hardest part, mainly because the Ruin Guards are very durable. If your DPS isn’t enough you may struggle. Just aim for a 1 Star clear.
This is where making use of the Ley Line Disorder is important. Try to keep your main DPS’s health low (ideally below 30%).
- [First Half] [Second Half] Both halves are essentially the same.
- [First Half] [Second Half] Clear the Hilichurls first.
- [First Half] [Second Half] DPS down the Ruin Guard.
Tips For Ruin Guard
You can stun and deal bonus damage to the Ruin Guard by hitting its weak point (the eye on the front and back).
However unless you have built a charge attack based character you are better off just dealing auto attack DPS.
Luckily the Ruin Guard’s attacks are easy to evade if you know what to look for.
Evading is important if your main DPS is melee as it will allow you to stick and deal damage whilst on low HP.
There are 3 attacks to look out for:
1. The Stomp
This is the most basic attack. The Ruin Guard will lift its leg and stomp the ground. Just dash as the leg comes down to evade.
2. The Clap
The ruin guard will spread its arms and clap. Watch for the little explosions that runs down its arm. As this happens dash to evade.
3. Three Hit Combo
There are 3 attacks to the combo. Watch for the Ruin Guard pushing its fists together, that’s the indicator.
It will then swing twice and launch a leap attack. Once you see the start of the combo dash behind the Ruin Guard.
If you are well positioned behind the Ruin Guard you should be clear of the first two attacks (if not just dash to position better).
Finally just get ready to dash out of the red circle.
The Ruin Guard will spread it’s arms to its side and launch missiles at your character.
When you see this attack start moving away from the Ruin Guard. The gap will make it easier to evade.
To make evading easier you should be moving left or right before the missiles launch.
Once you see the missiles launch double dash in the direction you are moving (this should be either left or right).
When done correctly you should completely evade the missiles.
The downside is that moving away from the Ruin Guard reduces your DPS if you are melee. Consider dashing and tanking part of the damage instead.
Alternatively you can switch to another character if your DPS is low HP.
5. Spin Attack
This attack is pretty annoying for melee characters as the only thing you can do is wait it out.
However if you have a ranged character like Amber you can use your burst attack to try and hit its weak spot. Landing the hit will stop the attack.
Using iframes from Elemental Burst skills will also work in place of dashing.
The two Cryo Regisvines are similar with a few attack differences. In summary use Pyro to break the Cryo Regisvine shield and Hydro to break the Pyro Regisvine shield.