Is it worth spending resin on farming Fading Star’s Essence in the Star of Destiny third phase of the Unreconciled Stars event? Let’s take a look.
|Reward||Fading Star's Essence||Limit|
|1x Silver Talent Book||4||12|
|1x Gold Talent Book||12||4|
|1x Crown of Sagehood||110||1|
|1x Mystic Enhancement Ore||1||100|
|3x Fine Enhancement Ore||2||-|
- 3x Silver Talent Books are required to craft 1x Gold Talent Book.
- However you should purchase silver books first for two reasons. Flexibility and Xingqiu’s ability to refund a portion of Talent Book materials used when crafting.
- Typically you will receive 2 Brown Talent Books + 2 Silver Talent books per domain run (costs 20 Resin). Two runs (40 Resin) roughly equates to 5.3 Silver Talent books.
- At World Level 6 you can claim 50 Fading Star’s Essence for your 40 Resin.
- 50 Fading Star’s Essence can be traded for 12.5 Silver Talent books.
- Therefore both the Silver and Gold Talent books potentially provide over 2x value.
- Essentially if you are receiving more than 21.2 Fading Star’s Essence for your 40 Resin it’s worth it (21.2 Fading Star’s Essence = 5.3 Silver Talent Books, which is roughly what you get running domains).
- The above calculations are quite rough but the value is so far ahead that it shouldn’t matter.
- Enhancement Ore options are not worth it as you can obtain these materials farming ore which does not require resin.
- Crown of Sagehood is currently limited to the event. Best to purchase this.
- Buy Crown of Sagehook
- Buy Silver Talent Books
- Buy Gold Talent Books
- Ignore Enhancement Ore