Xiangling is a top tier F2P Primary DPS choice in Genshin Impact. Let’s take a look at her best weapon, artifact build, talents and tips for team composition.
Xiangling is a 4 Star Pyro Polearm user. She can be obtained for Free by completing Floor 3 of the Spiral Abyss (can be done quite early in the game).
The great thing about Xiangling is that not only can she be a great as a Primary DPS but should you replace her (eg. if you get Diluc) in the future she can comfortably fall back into a support role.
This means you can invest into her without worrying about resources being completely wasted.
|DPS||S||Primordial Jade Winged-Spear|
|48||4.8% CRIT Rate||On hit, increases ATK by 3.2% for 6s. Max 7 stacks. This effect can only occur once every 0.3s. While in possession of the maximum possible stacks, DMG dealt is increased by 12%.||Gacha|
|44||7.5% Physical DMG Bonus||After picking up an Elemental Orb/Particle, Normal and Charged Attacks deal an additional 20% ATK as DMG for 5s.||Crafting|
|48||8% Energy Recharge||Increases CRIT Rate by 8% and increases Normal ATK SPD by 12%. Additionally, Normal and Charged Attacks hits on enemies have a 50% chance to trigger a vaccuum blade that deals 40% of ATK as DMG in a small AoE. This effect can occur no more than once every 2s.||Gacha|
|41||48 Elemental Mastery||Increases DMG against enemies affected by Hydro or Pyro by 20%.||Gacha|
|42||10% Energy Recharge||After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal and Charged Attack DMG by 8% for 12s. Max 2 stacks.||Crafting|
|44||6.7% Energy Recharge||CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s||Gacha|
Crescent Pike is the go to choice (unless you are lucky enough to get the Primordial Jade Winged-Spear). The weapon can even be crafted. Very F2P friendly.
Why is this weapon so good? It’s because the passive bonus dmg is based on your character atk stat (not how much each attack hits for).
Therefore its important for your character to hit more often than it is for them to hit hard. Perfect for Xianglings fast multiple hit attack chain.
Dragon’s Bane and Favonius Lance are both great options (unless you are lucky enough to get the Skyward Spine). Prototype Grudge is just as good but it feels like a bit of a waste to craft it over the Crescent Pike.
However if you do pick Prototype Grudge don’t bother crafting more for refining as we just need it for the Energy Recharge.
|Build||Tier||Artifact Set||Active Bonus|
|DPS||S||(4) Gladiator's Finale||(2) ATK +18%
(4) If the wielder of this artifact set uses a Sword, Claymore or Polearm, increases their Normal Attack DMG by 35%.
|DPS||A||(4) Martial Artist||(2) Increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 15%.
(2) After using Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 25% for 8s.
(2) Brave Heart
|(2) CRIT Rate +12%
(2) ATK +18%
|Support||S||(4) Crimson Witch of Flames||(2) Gain a 15% Pyro DMG Bonus.
(4) Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40%. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%. Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-Piece Set effects by 50% for 10s. Max 3 stacks.
|Support||S||(4) Noblesse Oblige||(2) Elemental Burst DMG +20%
(4) Using an Elemental Burst increase all party memebers' ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
(2) The Exile
|(2) Increases Elemental Mastery by 80.
(2) Energy Recharge +20%
- Gladiator’s Full Set is the best choice for DPS (additional atk is especially good for Crescent Pike). However you can start with a Berserker and Brave Heart combo for the additional CRIT Rate and ATK.
- Crimson Witch of Flames or Noblesse are both great for support. If you do go Noblesse just make sure only one of your support characters is using its 4 piece effect as it does not stack. In the early game you can use Instructor and Exile combo for EM and Energy Recharge.
|Build||Main Stat*||Sub Stat|
|DPS||Sands - Atk%|
Goblet - Phys Dmg
Circlet - Crit Rate**
|- Crit Rate (aim for at least 50%)
- Crit Dmg (aim for 100%+)
- Energy Recharge
|Support||Sands - Elemental Mastery/Energy Recharge***|
Goblet - Pyro Dmg
Circlet - Elemental Mastery
|- Energy Recharge
- Elemental Mastery
|*Flower and Plume mainstat are always HP and Atk respectivly.
**If you are lucky enough to be using the Primordial Jade Winged-Spear (5-Star) weapon (Crit Rate secondary stat) and have enough Crit Rate then you can also go Crit Dmg for the Circlet mainstat.
***If you have enough Energy Recharge then go for Elemental Mastery. This will generally depend on your weapon choice.
Goblet main stat is the hardest to roll for. To make things easier you can fill the other artifact slots with your 4-Piece Set. That way you can use any Goblet. If you are finding it hard getting Phys Dmg, you can use Atk% as an alternative.
3) Gouba Attack
2) Gouba Attack
Xiangling has a 5-hit attack chain. Ideally you’ll want to make use of the 4th attack as it does 5 quick hits with the spear (perfect for the Crescent Pike).
The last attack launches enemies into the air. It can be great for a bit of crowd control but it can push enemies outside of Gouba’s fire breath range.
In summary, use either the full combo chain or dash cancel after the 4th attack.
Team Composition Tips
As Primary DPS
- Add another Pyro (eg. Benette) for Elemental Resonance (increased atk).
- Pair her with an Electro character (eg Fischl) for Overload, Hydro (eg Xingqiu) for Vaporize or Cryo (Chongyun) for Melt.
- Can be paired with a variety of Primary DPS characters. Eg. Electro for Overload, Cryo for Melt and Hydro for Vaporize.
- Can be secondary Pyro character for Elemental Resonance. Although in many cases Benette is superior.